Back pain occurs due to the improper alignment of the spinal cord. Improper alignment suppresses our blood vessels which are responsible for the transfer of oxygen and essential feed supplements for our body.
So badly designed mattress which can’t support our natural shape of the body will cause back pain. Even healthy people can get back pain due to the wrong mattress
We need a mattress that takes the shape of the human body and doesn’t suppress the natural shape of our spinal cord.
For this purpose memory foam is used. it’s very comfortable to sleep and it adjusts according to the shape of the body.
Today, a lot of companies are making orthopedic mattresses with the combination of memory foam and other scientific measures to ensure maximum comfort. Click here see Best orthopedic mattress for Back Pain.
The memory foam mattress is basically made from polyurethane foam, but with the different manufacturing processes and additional material is used as well. It is also referred to as viscoelastic polyurethane foam.
Memory foam is of more premium quality than normal foam. Therefore, it delivers a high level of comfort than normal polyurethane foam.
A memory foam mattress provides extra soft and pressure-relieving surfaces for your sleep.
It also contours around your body and provides ultimate support and comfort during sleep. It relieves pressure points up to a greater extent.
It is recommended for relieving pain and body aches. People who are suffering from neck or back pain can have a very comfortable sleep on a memory foam mattress.
Most of the modern memory foam mattresses are made with open cell structure (breathable) formula, so if the label says that mattress is made from breathable material then it does not retain heat from your body.
The cooling gel foam mattress is another variety of memory foam mattresses. There is an only additional feature that the top layer of this mattress is infused with gel to keep you cool during hot summer nights.
The cooling gel foam mattress is more expensive than a memory foam mattress.
Important points to remember when buying a Foam or Memory Foam Mattress
A high-density foam mattress has a long life, whereas a low-density foam mattress is of poor quality and does not have a longer lifespan.
The cost of foam mattress depends on the quality of material used in the manufacturing process.
If you are sensitive to heat or prone to excessive sweating in summer then look for foam mattress whose label says that this foam mattress contains breathable fabric.
If you are highly prone to allergies from dust then look for the hypoallergenic label in the product description.
Pros of Memory Foam Mattress
- Longer lifespan.
- It is stuffed with many layers of fabric, so it holds shape very well and does not sag or shrink easily.
- Memory foam mattress provides an extremely soft surface for your sleep.
- Good support for your back and spinal alignment.
- Highly comfortable surface for people suffering from stiff neck and back pain issues.
- Good for all types of sleeping positions and also relieve pressure from heavier body parts. Good for all type of sleeping positions and also relieve pressure from heavier body parts.
- It doesn’t exhibit motion transfer while your partner makes movement in bed.
- If a breathable fabric is used then it does not retain heat from your body.
- Most of the modern memory foam mattress is hypoallergenic, they don’t cause allergies.
Cons of Memory Foam Mattress
- The memory foam mattress is more premium quality stuff than normal foam, therefore they are more expensive.
- They can retain heat from your body if no breathable fabric is used.
- If you like to sleep on harder surface then the softness of this mattress can be disappointing for you.